Our CD ROM is designed to work on Windows operating systems. It does also work on Mac computers but you may find a couple of issues when first loading the presentation.
These issues relate to the security settings on Flash Player. If you follow the steps below you should be able to launch the quiz software.
IF YOUR PRESENTATION ONLY LOADS 25%
If you find your presentation is only partially loading then you may need to update the security settings for Flash Player. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Open System Preferences.
- Open Flash Player.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under ‘Developer Tools’ click ‘Trusted Location Settings’.
- From the pop-up menu, click the + symbol in the bottom left. Select your CD, which is called ‘Life in the UK’.
- Close the pop-up menu and re-load the presentation.
IF YOU GET A WARNING MESSAGE WHEN LOADING
To use the testing software on a Mac computer follow these instructions:
1. Open the CD in the Finder.
2. Double-click on player.html. You may see an error message appear. This error message will say something like:
Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation.
The following local application on your computer or network:
is trying to communicate with this Internet-enabled location:
This is a result of how the CD software works on Mac computers. The file stealthray.swf is a normal part of the quiz software - despite the name!
3. Click 'Ok' on the error message. The testing software will now open in your default internet browser, e.g. Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.